Elbit Systems announced today that it was awarded an approximately $82 million contract from BAE Systems Hägglunds AB to supply the Royal Netherlands Army with Active Protection Systems and electro-optical commander sights. The contract will be performed over a period of four and a half years.
Under the contract and as part of the modernization program led by BAE Systems Hägglunds, Elbit Systems will equip CV90 armored combat vehicles of the RNLA with Iron Fist APS and Commander Open Architecture Panoramic Sights. Iron Fist is a lightweight system that uses optical sensors, tracking radars, launchers and countermeasure munitions to defeat threats at a safe distance, with negligible residual penetration. COAPS is a modular dual-axis stabilized sight that facilitates fire control computation and long-range target acquisition in day and night, in both stationary and mobile situations.
We are pleased with the opportunity to cooperate with BAE Systems Hägglunds and to support this important modernization program of the RNLA.Yehuda (Udi) Vered, General Manager of Elbit Systems Land
Previous contract awarded to Elbit Systems in the Netherlands from the past couple of years:
- January, 2021: Elbit Systems Awarded $24 Million Contract to Supply Tactical Computers for the Royal Netherlands Army
- December, 2020: Elbit Systems Awarded $50 Million Contract to Supply Additional Digital Soldier Systems to the Royal Netherlands Army
- December, 2020: Elbit Systems Awarded a $15 Million Contract to Supply XACT nv32 micro Night Vision Systems to the Netherlands Armed Forces
- December, 2019: Elbit Systems Awarded $65 Million Follow-on Contract to Supply Soldier Systems to the Armed Forces of the Netherlands
- July, 2019: Elbit Systems Subsidiary Selected to Supply a Cyber Intelligence System to the Dutch National Police
Source: Elbit Systems press release