Teledyne FLIR Defense, part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (NYSE:TDY), today announced the launch of a new Lightweight Vehicle Surveillance System (LVSS) with revolutionary air domain awareness (ADA) and advanced counter-unmanned aerial system (C-UAS) capabilities. The LVSS ADA C-UAS is an enhanced addition to Teledyne FLIR’s field-proven LVSS platform that features reliable, rapidly deployable, cutting-edge technology to detect and mitigate the growing threat of small drones.
The new system leverages a powerful combination of 3D radar, EO/IR camera, and RF detection and mitigation sensors to provide early warning alerts and recognition. Threats are detected and displayed simultaneously, showing position and elevation for all radar tracks.
LVSS ADA C-UAS also can detect drone swarms by allowing operators to monitor up to 500 radar targets simultaneously. A multi-spectral imager captures key UAS elements that help identify high risk targets for a pinpointed response.
Protecting vast borders, shorelines, and forward-operating bases is a job that’s been made even more difficult with the challenges posed by drones. The LVSS C-UAS combines sophisticated counter-drone technologies and counter-measures to make it the most effective mobile surveillance system available to combat these dangers.
Our customers trust us for solutions like the new LVSS that adapt to fast changing threat environments and offer more of the capabilities they need for mission success.
Other major features of the LVSS ADA C-UAS include:
- Rapidly relocatable perimeter protection from the system’s ability to quickly deploy, stow and redeploy the sensor suite
- Advanced, high performing video analytics that allow operators to precisely identify, track and engage threats
- On-the-move C-UAS counter-measures with full non-kinetic kill chain capability; operators can obtain threat assessments while the system is static or while driving the vehicle
- New Cameleon™ V5 command and control software integrates all onboard sensors and supports advanced device features and bi-directional communications
- Increased cyber security tools to resist hackers.
Source: Teledyne FLIR news release