Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, is proud to introduce its new folding pistol carbine, the M&P FPC.
Chambered in 9mm, the optics-ready FPC has a length of 30 inches and a compact folded length of 16 inches. It comes equipped with three double-stack M&P pistol magazines, including one 17-round and two 23-round mags. This new carbine features an integrated recoil buffer system, -28 threaded muzzle, and in-stock magazine storage for making reloading fast and efficient. The horizontal folding mechanism of the FPC provides a locking latch to enable secured transport and prevents interference with most top-mounted optics or accessories.
The team at Smith & Wesson aimed to design a pistol carbine that was compatible with various M&P series pistol magazines. We exceeded that initial desire by introducing side-folding mechanics that deliver a unique compact feature and allow the user to keep their sight system mounted on the gun both in the folded and extended positions. Extra magazine storage in the buttstock, familiar M&P fire controls and reliable palmswell grip adaptors all make this new pistol carbine a great addition to the M&P family.John Myles, Senior Manager of New Products
Additional features include a handguard with an upper Picatinny rail and M-LOK slots for accessory mounting capabilities, a flat-face trigger design that offers a crisp single-action trigger break, and four interchangeable palmswells for maximum comfort. The M&P FPC also comes with a carrying bag designed with multiple Velcro storage compartments to secure additional equipment for easy transport. This new folding pistol carbine is proudly made in the U.S.A. and has an MSRP of $659.00.
- Compact, folding design.
- Integrated recoil buffer system.
- Reversible magazine catch.
- 30 3/8″ unfolded length to 16 3/8″ folded.
- 1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector.
- Flat-face trigger with crisp break.
- Compatible with M&P® Pistol double-stack magazines.
- In-stock magazine storage w/quick-release tab system.
- Horizontal folding mechanism with locking latch.
- Horizontal folding design doesn’t interfere with top-mounted optics (optics sold separately).
- M-LOK® slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top.
- Charging slide/handle doubles as retainer when folded.
- Ships with (one) 17-round magazine and (two) 23-round magazines.
- Carrying bag with additional storage and Velcro® straps.
- Made in U.S.A.
Smith & Wesson M&P FPC tech specs:
- WIDTH: 2.5
- LENGTH: 30.4
- HEIGHT: 8
- WEIGHT: 80.42
- CALIBER: 9MM
- SIZE: RIFLE
- CAPACITY: 17,23
- ACTION: BLOWBACK
- BARREL LENGTH: 16.25
- GRIP: POLYMER
- SIGHTS: NONE
- OPTIC: READY YES
- SAFETY: THUMB SAFETY
- COLOR/FINISH: BLACK
- STATE COMPLIANCE: N/A
- THREADED BARREL: YES
- BARREL MATERIAL: 4140 CM
- FRAME: ALUMINUM
- LASER: NO
- PERFORMANCE CENTER: NO
- NUMBER OF MAGAZINES: 3
- 10LB TRIGGER: NO
- STOCK: FPC
Source: S&W news release